Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sweet Summertime

Well I have been quite the lazy blogger so here I am posting a "catch-up" blog that way I can get back to blogging regularly.

We have had a pretty busy yet extremely fun summer so far. We started our summer by heading north to Maryland to visit family and friends for about a month. While we were home Joshua turned the big "ONE"! We went with a beach party theme since I know once he gets older I will never be able to do this again. HAHAHA


We were so excited that we were able to share this awesome milestone with all of our friends and family.
Also while we were in Maryland we were able to spend some quality time with Dewayne's oldest 3 children Daniel, Doug, and McKayla. We had a blast and didn't want our time with them to end. It was awesome having all of the kiddos together!
When we got back home to Alabama my sister, brother-in-law, nephew and niece all came to visit us before their big move to Hawaii. We had a blast with all the kids together again. We were able to attend the Freedom Festival where the kids enjoyed playing in the bounce houses...
Dancing to the music... and watching the fireworks. Benjamin held his ears through the whole fireworks show.
For the 4th of July we spent the day at my grandparents cooking out and watching the kids enjoy the pool. I'm pretty sure Joshua's favorite part was the watermelon. Afterwards we roasted marsh mellows for s'mores and watches our own little display of fireworks and sparklers.
After a fun filled 4th of July weekend, we only had a few more days to enjoy our visit with my sister and her family so we all kicked back and relaxed and just enjoyed spending time with each other.

The remainder of our summer we have spent at the boy and just trying to get through this summer heat Alabama likes to produce. Benjamin has learned how to hold his breath under water and now claims to be a "super diver". Joshua is just getting used to his water legs and likes to stay where he can step out of the water if he feels the need. He also likes to make a run for the entrance gate when he THINKS mommy or daddy aren't looking. I just adore my little sea monkeys! Another major milestone this summer was my BIG MAN Benjamin learning how to use the potty! He is officially potty trained and all it took was a homemade chart, treats, stickers, and a very dedicated week. I am so very proud of him and he is of himself as well.

Last but not least we have started attending a children's workshop at Lowe's every other Saturday. Benjamin loves building his projects and I love that it is all free and yet still fun! Joshua and I enjoy cuddling while Benjamin builds his projects! More so mommy than Joshua.
It has been an awesome summer but now I say "Bring on that fall weather please!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment