Sunday, August 29, 2010

Pear Butter

I have decided to become a little more domesticated by canning some pear butter. My grandparents gave me a few grocery bags full of Asian pears and I didn't want them to go to waste so I thought what better way to preserve them then to make them into a yummy pear butter.

The first thing I did was cook the pears until they were soft. Next step was to mush them into a pear sauce and add of of my ingredients to the sauce. I added some allspice, ground cloves, cinnamon, sugar, and nutmeg. After that I let the concoction cook in the crock pot for about 10 hours. My house smelled delicious! After the butter was ready it was canning time! I started out small just to see how well I could do this so it only ended up making 6 half pints. I have more pears ready for more canning so I will be making more since it was so easy and so very yummy!

1 comment: